This smoothie is perfect as a pre-workout, post-workout or meal replacement smoothie. And with only 4 ingredients it's super easy to make! I eat this daily, about one hour before my workout. It's high in protein and contains the right amount of carbs to fuel your workout and aid recovery post-workout.
This recipe makes 3 smoothies. I make them ahead of time and freeze them. About one hour before I eat it, I take it out of the freezer and place it in the refrigerator. That allows it to thaw enough to be able to eat it like ice cream. Yum!
- 3 Cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 3/8 Cup (60G) Uncooked Rolled Oats
- 3 Cups (240g) Frozen Triple Berry Mix
- 3 Scoops Dymatize ISO 100 Birthday Cake Protein Powder
I use the Ninja brand blender. It holds 72oz. Make sure your blender is big enough to make smoothies before beginning.
- Add 3 Cups almond milk to blender
- Add dry ingredients (oats and protein powder)
- Add frozen berries
- Blend thoroughly (3-5 mins) to make sure its blended evenly
- Pour into 3 separate 24 oz shaker bottles
- Place in freezer
When you're ready to eat, remover from freezer and place in refrigerator about 1-2 hours before eating. Smoothie will be the consistency of soft serve ice cream. Grab a spoon and enjoy!